Teweb design

× Help setting up

Transfer existing messages to S3 bucket

2 weeks 5 hours ago #5941 by Dtorr1981
Hi Guys,

We originally set up a local folder for messages to be saved to when being uploaded, now due to the number of messages increasing we are encroaching on our storage limit. I have set up an S3 bucket for all new messages to go to but I would like to transfer all of the existing messages to S3 too.

How would I go about redirecting the URL's to the S3 bucket containing the files. I've had a look in the DB to see if I could do a find and replace for the URL's but couldn't spot them in there.

Any advise would be most welcome.

Regards
D

• Birthdate: Unknown
  • Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 weeks 4 hours ago #5942 by paulkosciecha
    Hi,

If you have used the Preachit folder setup system you can do this fairly easily. Just go to the folder area - click the link under the advanced tab - and open the folder record for the local folder. You can then change the details so that the url points to the correct space.

Note, you will need to change the folder type. If you just want it to modify the url select 3rd party, if you want to set it up for full integration select Amazon S3 and then enter the relevant details under the Amazon tab. There are tutorials in our videos section that explains this more.

because faith comes from hearing the message

1 week 23 hours ago #5944 by Dtorr1981
    Thanks for your quick response Paul,

I've switched the folder settings and the message urls seem to be working (i'll make a thorough check later). I have a new issue unfortunately, when uploading a new message the ID3 information no longer seems to be filled in/created. Before switching to S3 this wasn't a problem - any idea's what may be causing this?

Thanks again for all your support :)

Regards
    Donna

1 week 15 hours ago #5945 by paulkosciecha
    Hi,

If you upload the file to Amazon through Preachit then the ID3 data should work fine. If you are connecting to the file by clicking on it in the Preachit media manager then the ID3 data won't be collected. This is because the file needs to be present on your server for the ID3 data grab code to work.

Hope that helps

because faith comes from hearing the message

1 week 2 hours ago #5946 by Dtorr1981
    Thanks Paul, I'm just checking with the client as to how they upload the files.

Regards
    Donna

Moderators: paulkosciecha