We recommend that you backup your Melody table by using a backup tool from your web host or a Joomla extension that will do this for you. Failure to do so may result in loss of data.
Installing Melody 2.1 will remove some of the Melody programme folders from your installation as they are no longer needed.
Please make sure you have moved any media files from within the components/com_melody folder before installing the component.
It is not possible to install a previous version of Melody over the latest version. This will result in errors. If you are unsure over whether you want to update to Melody 2.1 then we recommend you trial it in a test environment.
Upgrading to 2.1
Although there are changes between previous versions of Melody and 2.1 these are mostly taken care of in the install process. To upgrade just follow the instructions below.:
- Move any media files that you may have stored within the components/com_melody folder to a safe place such as the media/melody or images folder.
- Download the Melody 2.1 packet from the download area of this website.
- Install Melody version 2.1 through the Joomla extension manager.
- Re-install any templates that you are using through the Melody template area. All templates are available in Melody 2.1 compatible versions in our download area.
- Check your template options. These may have been reset in the update.
- Check your component options to make sure they weren't altered in the update.
Upgrading the extensions
If you upgrade to Melody version 2.1 you will need to update all extensions to version 2.1 as well. To make this easier, most of the main modules and plugins are included within the main Melody 2.1 packet and will be installed at the same time as you upgrade the component.
Any other modules, plugins and templates, including the frontend admin component, will need to be installed separately.